854 Dental Health Bournemouth 10 2019
24 February 2019
Bournemouth 10 mile Road Race on Sunday 24th February 2019 – 8.30am start
3rd Dorset Road Race League (DRRL) race of 2019
Dorset County (DCAA) 10 mile Championship Race (No extra cost)
And part of 'The Imperial 10 Mile Series'
Mainly racing along the promenade and cliff-top overlooking the seafront with stunning views of the Isle of Wight and Purbeck Hills in the distance.
Race limit 700. (Full 9 weeks before race last year)
Race Time Limit is 2 hours 30 minutes
Runners must have covered the first 4 miles within 1 hour or will be withdrawn.
Course not suitable for wheelchairs, dogs or buggies! Accompanying cyclists not permitted.
ALL Headphones are not allowed.
UK Athletics Permit No: 2019-36208
SEAA Course Measurement Certificate Number: 15/015
Race Memento for all finishers and Prizes for the following categories:
First THREE Individuals: Male & Female.
New Course Record Bonus £50 – Men 2017 Steven Way 55:13 – Women 2016 Emma Dews 1:01:13
FIRST in each of the following categories: Male Vet 40, MV 50 and MV 60. Female Vet 40, FV 50 and FV 60.
First THREE Male Teams (3 to count). First THREE Female Teams (3 to count)
Please Note: 1 prize per runner, not including team prizes, and prizes will be distributed after the event.
COLLECT NUMBER AT Lytchett 10 OR ON THE DAY (it’s not posted) between 07:00 – 08:15 by Start area at Bournemouth Pier, BH2 5AA.
The Imperial 10 Mile Series is three 10 mile races over 4 weeks:
- Lytchett 10 – 10:30am Sunday 10th February 2019
- Bournemouth 10 – 08:30am Sunday 24th February 2019
- Larmer 10 – 08:30am Saturday 9th March 2019
Imperial medals to all runners who complete the series, and prizes based on cumulative times.
To compete in the DCAA Championships and become the 2019 DORSET 10 Mile Champion, competitors must:
- a) Have been born in Dorset OR
- b) Have lived continuously in Dorset for at least nine months preceding the event OR
- c) Be a student in residence at a School, College or University in Dorset OR
- d) Have been serving in a Unit of HM Forces stationed in Dorset for at least nine months preceding the event.
(NOTE: Boarding School and service unit athletes are requested to indicate their Home Address County on the entry form as only those athletes who are resident in Dorset are eligible to compete for the County.)
- e) Not have competed in the Championships of, or represented at Inter-County Championships, a County other than Dorset since 1st October 2015.
Many thanks to the support of all our sponsors:
854 Dental Health
Up & Running; X-Miles; White Star Running
Registration open from: 07:00:00